Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Sewing Machine


After looking at sewing machines for the past month or so, I finally pushed the order button last night.  I was so nervous, debating about getting it or not.  Wondering if it would just sit here and not be use, or inspire me to get going with making some neat stuff. The price was good, and cheaper than what I had looked at previously. It has 600 stitches, which I found out by reading a manual on it, that some stitches will do from two to four options...there is a little dog that will look left, right, upside down left and upside down right.... even though it is the same dog, they count that as 4 stitches.  I'm excited about putting these decorative stitches on some aprons I'm planning on making.  Instead of a plain straight stitch along the edge, I'll be able to put flowers, dogs, or even a bicycle.  Can't wait to try it out.  Once I get it, I'll post some pictures.  

My Kenmore, which I have had for 30 plus years, will still be round, it is a workhorse and won't die.  It is good for stitching on heavy items, like jeans!  It only has 12 stitch settings, which has sewn several items for my girls and myself.  Now I want to expand my sewing and hopefully sell some things on etsy, which I'm still in the planning stages of.  

I did finish Joanna's project last week.  Here are a few pictures.  It is a table topper, not a baby blanket as some people seem to think it is.  The orange floral and the fruit slices material were from dresses I made Joanna when she was little, the blue floral is from an apron I made my sister Sally.  I like the bright colors which remind me of Joanna. 








The front
The back



Happy Reading !
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment