Monday, August 26, 2013

Christmas Print Project

Because I have such a wonderful sister-in-law who opens her home for get-togethers with her family for just about every holiday and has graciously invited us as well,  I decided to do something special for her and  make her a holiday table runner.   With the help again from one of Jenny Doan's tutorial I made this table runner.  My sister-in-law was very happy with it. 
The Christmas prints I posted earlier.
Cut and ready to piece.

My first ever dresden plate.  The center was larger than I wanted, but I needed it to cover all the raw inside edges.
Three dresden plates for the center and two half plates for the end. This is on our coffee table that measures 62 inches long. My sister-in-law's table measures 84 inches, so this will fit nicely in the center.


I used my new machine to attach the dresden plate to the panel using one of its many decorative stitches.  Hubby thought it looked like I hand stitched it.  Mission accomplished!

I used the snowflake stitch to do some of the quilting between the sections, then randomly in the center circle and the outsides of the dresden plate. 

Another view of the stitch I used to attach the plate to the square.

Of course, I have to add my initials.


Almost complete, all that is left is the binding. I rounded the corners to make putting the binding on easier, still working at getting corners done correctly. 

Completed table runner.  It is not perfect but I think I still did a pretty good job for a beginner.  

Happy Reading !
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment