Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fun and Games Table Runner Part 1

I wanted to do something fun, so came up with an idea to make a table runner that Kathy could enjoy with her many nieces and nephews. This is a very large table runner, so large it will need 3 posts.  

Part 1:  Checkers     Part 2: Tic-Tac-Toe     Part 3: I Spy

Part 1: Checkers 

I saw this in a magazine once to sew strips of black and red material together, then cut them so you have strips with red and black squares. Alternating the strips sew them back together to get a checker board pattern.   I thought this was a great idea for the start of a table runner.  Of course I sewed too many strips together, would have made a huge checker board, so I cut off what I didn't need and made a cute little bag.


Checkered bag to hold the checkers.  I found a game for about $3, which I took the  checkers out of.  





I used a white/beige print for the border around the board.  I still had some of the black/red strips left so I cut them down to make a second border.  Then again with the white/beige print. I think it came out pretty neat. 


Added the word 'Checkers' to all sides in red and black



 
Checkers any one?


Happy Reading!
Ann
Next:  Fun and Games Table Runner Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment