Saturday, January 25, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Table Runner

Digging through my stash of material I came upon some St. Patrick's Day material.  It must have been in the little dresser I purchased from the neighbor, because I don't think I would have purchased this on my own.   I found the green material on clearance around Christmas time, which was a lucky find. 




This was one of the last table runners I made for Kathy, so I was pressed for time.  I used the tube method of cutting out the blocks.  I did not take pictures of what I did, hey, I was being rushed.   I saw this done on a video from the Missouri Quilt Company.

For the end panels, I did more of an arrow.  Looking at it now, I wish I had done the arrow going the opposite direction. 
The center panel. Another thing I think would have looked nicer was if I put a border around the center panel instead of having the points right at the edge.

The completed project.  I did a stitch in the ditch to do the quilting.  Around the edge I put a four-leaf clover design.  


 

I did my signature in two places, like every thing I have made, on opposite ends. 



Not all of my points matched up, but it still came out okay.  I am still learning doing these small projects.  

I know this is a pretty short post, so be patient while I recuperate from a nasty cold.   

Happy Reading!
Ann

Next table runner is the fun and games!

No comments:

Post a Comment