I have posted four of the table runners I made her, here is the fifth.
For Valentines Day, I ironed assorted fabrics onto double sided adhesive sheets, then cut out heart shapes. I was going to use the pink for the back ground of the hearts, but the fabric just didn't feel right to me, it did not have a tight weave. Since most of my materials were bought from an elderly woman when she moved to assisted living, I'm not sure what kind of fabrics I actually have. So I found four different colors of the same type fabric to use as the back drop of the hearts.
What is more romantic than roses. This fabric I used as the borders and the backing. I also made an apron from this when I purchased my new machine. There was quite a lot in that stash I purchased.
|49 hearts and the backing.|
Once I cut the hearts out, I added sayings like on the candy hearts you can get at Valentine's Day time. I did this on the solid hearts.
|This is before I trimmed all the loose threads. I discovered that I should have done this prior to ironing on the background, it was hard to cut some of the threads off.|
|Add some decorative stitches around each heart.|
|Added two little puppies to one.|
|Some of the hearts, I added words after I ironed them on to the background, which I thought looked nicer.|
|Looking at this heart, it is a mess. I can see the threads on the back. I should have done all the wording after I ironed the hearts on the background.|
The finished table runner.
I learned a lot doing these appliques. So hopefully in the future I will not make the same mistakes. Overall though, I think it came out nice.
Next table runner is St. Patrick's Day.
Check out these posts to see other table runners:
Fourth of July