Monday, February 10, 2014

Fun and Games Table Runner Part 2

Part 2:  Tic-Tac-Toe

I found in my stash material with several pictures of dogs on a off-white background, in two different sizes.  I don't remember when or why I bought this.  I also had a blue print with puppies and kittens on it (same material I used for Olivia's apron). 
I had in mind to do a Tic-Tac-Toe game for a while, and thought this would be the perfect material to accomplish this. I'm sure the kids will love the dogs/puppies on the game, I know I did.


This was really easy to put together.  I just cut one inch strips and placed between the pictures.  Kathy has a black dog, so I put the black one in the middle.  There was only 7 dogs that is why there are duplicates.  I did the border with the same blue print.  Each block I put in one of  the words TIC, TAC, or TOE.  You can see in the pictures below I stitched around each square.

I found these sparkly wooden X's and O's at the craft store.  They fit perfectly in the squares.

With two of the larger dog squares, I made a bag to hold the X's and O's.  The inside of the bag is the blue print.  Side one above, side two below.


The finished Tic-Tac-Toe game. 



Happy Reading!
Ann 
Next:  Fun and Games Table Runner Part 3




No comments:

Post a Comment