Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fun and Games Table Runner Part 3

The last of the Fun and Games Table Runner.

Part 3 - I Spy

I had an idea of an I spy quilt for a child, with all different types of printed fabric.  While working on the checker board I decided to add the I Spy game to this table runner.   There are two sections for the I Spy part.  Tic-Tac-Toe is at one end, checkers at the other.  

I cut out of several fabrics pictures that I thought a kid (or grown up) would like, then randomly sewed them together until I had large enough pieces that I could cut out shapes and letters.  I ironed on double sided adhesive to the back,  then cut out the letters I - S- P -Y, along with the following shapes: triangles, square, circle, heart, rectangle, star, oval and arrow.   This would allow not only to 'spy' the pictures on the fabric, but also shapes, letters, and words.   I then ironed these on two panels and stitched around them with decorative stitches.  Any where there was a seam in the shape, also was stitched with a decorative stitch.  I then cut strips of the assorted fabrics to sew a border around the panels.

I think it came out pretty well. 



Panel one


Panel two

Below are the shapes after I stitched around them. Along with the words to identify the shape.










My favorite, I like how the kitten is looking down at the ghost and the look on the ghost's face.









If you noticed there are names through out the panels. I added Kathy's nieces, nephews and daughter's names as well.  I thought they would  have fun locating their own name on the table cover.






and of course my signature.  


Hope you enjoyed reading about and seeing this table runner.  I hope Kathy has fun with her nieces and nephews playing the assorted games. 

The finished table runner:


I put all the table runners in a nice box, which had enough room to add the Fall and Christmas table runners I made her for her birthday. 



Happy Reading!
Ann 

To read more on the other table runners click on the links below:  
Fun and Games Part 2 - Tic Tac Toe
Fun and Games Part 1 - Checkers 
Halloween  
Christmas 
Fall  
St. Patrick's Day 
Valentine's Day 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment