Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Christmas in Paris

After Christmas I searched for marked down Christmas fabrics.  I got some good deals on some pretty and fun fabrics. I was really motivated since doing the lap quilt for my husband's aunt. See the Last Minute Gift. The quilt was easy and quick to do, so I took some of the fabric I purchased and made another lap quilt.


These are some of the fabrics I got at a reduced price. The one on the far left has pictures of the Eiffle Tower, hence the name Christmas in Paris. Each print is cut into strips with three different widths.  For this quilt I used these measurements: 2", 3" and 4 1/2".  Then the mixing the fabrics, they are sewed together so each set of strips has one of each width.  Then they are cut into blocks the same measurement as the three strips are wide.  (I'm learning that I need to take more pictures to demonstrate the process.) 



After the blocks are cut, I alternated the blocks horizontally then vertically.  These are then sewn together one row at a time, then the rows are sewn together.  Notice the panel on the edge with the Eiffel Tower. 

The sewn blocks and the backing.  I try to get some of the backing on the front, so there are some in the blocks and is the border around the quilt.  I also used this for the binding.  I must have gotten a really good deal on this.

Close up of the back.  I love paisley.

The finished quilt top.  Measures about 36" x 37", I'm still learning how to make 1/4" seams and square up before adding the backing, however if it looks good I'm not going to stress whether it is exact or not.


And of course my initials on the front. 
 The next project I did is Christmas Treats.  Watch for an update.


Happy Reading! 
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment