Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year

Happy New Year!  2015, this I just can't believe.  It seems like yesterday we were preparing for Y2K.  Where did the last 15 years go?  Where did 2014 go?  

Time seems to just fly by and there never seems to be enough time to do all that I want to do.  

Last year I made several goals, none of which I obtained.  Maybe I should have printed my list and referred to it several times through out the year.  Maybe this year I should just make one goal and make sure I obtain it.   Sew more, eat less, exercise more, stress less, budget more, spend less, write more, dine out less, cook more ... gee, what should I concentrate on.  Maybe I should just have fun.


So to start the year off I am going to start a fun project from Leah Day called Building Blocks Quilt.  She did a quilt along in 2014 which I was already doing other things so could not join.  I purchased the pattern for myself for Christmas 2014 and am planning on making this my next project. I just purchased the material and have a few more items to pick up, then I will start cutting, cutting and cutting to prepare for the sewing.  Hopefully, by the end of this project I will have learned to piece several different kinds of blocks and most importantly free motion quilting.  Bonus, I will have a finished quilt. 
The pattern has 103 pages of directions on piecing and free motion quilting.   It came loose leaf, so first thing I did was get a notebook and sheet protectors to keep it all nice and neat.  She also has a download version.

My two colors for the front.  I was going to do a blue however I could not find the right shade and something to go with it. I really like the colors that Leah Day had on hers, but I did not want to do an exact copy.  I asked my husband what he thought about a burgundy and green, but it really looked to much like Christmas colors.  He pulled the orange down with the green, then a tan, then he said how does the black look with the orange.  Of course it looks great as these are the same colors on the Harley Davidson shirts. So I'm going with those colors, not just because he picked them, because I like them too.  The orange is not quite this bright, it is more of a burnt orange.

I'm planning on posting throughout this project so please come back and check on my progress. I'm most excited about learning the free motion quilting part.     

Have a great 2015!

Happy Reading! 

Ann

























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment