Sunday, June 28, 2015

My 2015 Project Block 11

Two blocks to go...or is it three.  The pattern calls for twelve blocks, or designs, but I may have to make a few extras due to the practice blocks I will be adding to the finished quilt.   Here is block eleven.


Not as many pieces as the house block, but quite a few.  Hope this is easier than the house was.





Sewing the orange block onto the black rectangle. 


Trimming off the excess orange. 


Pressed and ready for the next step.  Flying geese, I have always wondered how to do this, now I know.


Oops, cut wrong part. Time to get three new pieces ready to sew.
Sorry, I did not get pictures of each step.  Two black squares were sewn to two of the of the flying geese.  Two flying geese were sewn to a large orange square.  Then all three sections were put together for this awesome looking Sawtooth block.  I love how it turned out.


Additional black fabric was added to the tops and sides of the square.  I'm impressed with how easy this block went together and how sharp it looks. 
Jimmy helping out.
Marked, layered and ready to sew!

Grid lines and circuit board.  Front and back




My favorite one.  I love how this looks.  Back below.




The dreaded spirals.  I really need to just practice these on scraps of material.  On the plus side, I like the squiggly lines. On the back they don't look so bad, mostly because they don't pop out at me.

Not an exciting post, but I like the way this block turned out.  I like that all my corners and points look great and matched up perfectly.  

Onto block twelve, the last in this quilt.  If you would like to learn more about this block and quilt, please visit Leah Day's website to view the Building Block Quilt videos or to purchase the pattern for all twelve blocks.  

Happy Reading! 

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment