Thursday, June 2, 2016

Memorial Weekend 2016

What a great weekend.  Saturday morning I did some sewing on my 2015 Row by Row Experience quilts for my daughters while catching up on the laundry.  My husband was in the garage cleaning up the tools and excess items from working on the camper/trailer.  Later we went for a ride and looked at more houses, no success.

Sunday, I really didn't want to go anywhere, so I did some more sewing in the morning.   Finished some laundry, did a quick run of the vacuum and did some more sewing,  until we went out for dinner.  Another productive day.

Monday, however we decided to head to southern Indiana and go to one of the state parks.  Lincoln State Park.  What a beautiful, however hot, day.  We decided to hike around trail one, which went completely around the lake, and is 1.5 miles long.  We really enjoyed getting out with the pups.


Jimmy and Jack, getting ready to go hiking.


Two and half hours later we arrive at Lincoln State Park.


These next three pictures I panned across the lake.  I don't have the panographic feature on my camera. 






Just crossed over this bridge.  Love to see the lily pads in the lake.  Several areas were loaded with them.


My husband walking along a boardwalk and path with the pups.




Peeking through the wooded area at the lake.


An area with lots of lily pads.


Taking a break on a small bridge going over a stream.



Standing on the bridge, I took a shot in both directions of the stream.


Looking out toward the lake and paddle boat rental building.




What a beautiful area. Everything was so green.


Interesting tree, with it's branch growing down into the lake.



Looking through the pine tree at the lake. I love the pine trees with the long needles.


A fallen tree left to decompose.  It had some pretty shallow roots. 



More lily pads and a taller water plant mixed int.



Just beautiful.


The path is overgrown.  I bet by the end of summer that grass will all be gone from the many hikers it will see this season.


Coming toward the end of the trail, over looking the lake.




This was a nice long board walk. 




What a hike, we are tire and hot.


On the way home, relaxing with the air on.


I thought this was an interesting church (in downtown Jasper, IN) when we headed down to the park,  On the way back we were stopped at a light, so I was able to get this picture. 
A mural in Jasper, IN. 
What a great day we had, including the pups.  We are thinking of going camping here in the near future.  The camper is almost done.  

Hope you visit soon as I have started my 2015 Row By Row Experience quilts.  Yes quilts, I will be making two, one for IN girl and one for FL girl. Row by row.  



Happy Reading! 

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment