Monday, May 1, 2017

Florida Sunset And Other Sunsets

I see my last post has gotten quite a few looks, 97 last I saw.  I was not trying to get a lot of looks on my blog, I just wanted family and friends to know what I was going through.  I don't want to dwell on this or want this to be my life from now on. I will post occasionally to let everyone know how I'm doing, which today I'm doing good, however I'm going to 'sunset' the ovarian cancer thing and get back to the 2015 Row By Row Quilts I made for my daughters for Christmas in 2016. 

This is the last row for FL girl. This was an easy one to make, with very few pieces appliqued onto a one piece background.  I did not take any pictures of the making of this row because there just wasn’t that much to do and seriously who wants to see the applique process over and over.  Kind of boring. 

Check out the final pictures though.
DeLand  Florida Blue Herons by Quilt Shop of Deland, Inc., Deland, FL
FL Girl found this neat bluish/greenish water fabric, perfect for this row.  Even though I labeled all the fabric at the beginning of this project, I forgot about this piece.  I was trying to decide which piece would look good for this, going through all the left over fabric and scraps.  I still didn't see it and I couldn't see anything else I liked.  I set it aside and came back later, looked at all the fabric again and located it, along with the label specifying it be used for this row. I was so excited.

Close up of Florida appliqued.
The sun was cut from some scrapes of water from the Sunset Views row.  Not sure why but there were several moons or suns on that fabric.  There is actually one hidden by the orange/yellow/purple clouds. 
More grassy area and the blue herons.  Such beautiful birds to watch, they don't look bad here either.  

Here is the completed row.  It was longer than I thought it was so I took it in two sections.

I wish I had taken more pictures of all the shops we visited, but I didn't.  This is the only shop I took pictures of, mostly because I found Deland a very charming place. I loved the old buildings and the murals on them. History right there. 

Deland was our first stop on a 200 mile round trip around Florida picking up several Row by Row patterns and purchasing who knows how much fabric.  I didn't think about it until I was ready to head back to Indiana, but all I brought with me was a backpack.  Good thing it was a fairly large backpack and I brought few clothes for my 3 day weekend, because I really had to cram all that material into it, and the backpack was quite heavy going home.

Check out some of the scenes in Deland, FL. 

An old hotel.  If walls could talk, I would like to be there when they spoke to hear the history of this place.

A partial of a mural as we drove by.

I found this mural interesting.
 
FL girl posing with a local.


And we made it to the quilt shop. 


Here I am in front of the quilt shop.  I only agreed to take this picture because of the flamingo.  My oldest sister has been quilting for 40 years (give or take a few) and she loves flamingos.  I was hoping I could find a quilt row that included a flamingo, sadly I could not find one at the many stores we visited.  

I hope you enjoyed this post on the 2015 Row by Row Quilts I made. I am almost done with this. It took me all of 2016 to make the quilts, I hope it does not take all of 2017 to finish this up.  I hope you come back and visit my blog again as I have several projects I have done and planning on doing.  


Happy Reading! 

Ann

Other posts in this series:



1. Row, row, row your boat

2. Sailing Away

3. Just Ducky 

4. Sunset Views

5. Alligators ~ Beware

6. Manatee Heaven


7. Flowers, Flowers, Flowers 

8. Let’s Go To The Beach

 
9.   Sailing Away 2

10. Covered Bridge 

11. Colorful Fishing

Side note:  All previous posts will no longer take you to the 2016 Row By Row Experience, they will direct you to the 2017 Row By Row Experience. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment